Sunday, October 12, 2008

Shen's First Tennis Strokes




Well, I know a lot of you have been wondering when this would happen. I have even been asked "When are you going to get him on the court?" Today was the day!! I had a tennis workout planned with my good friend, Rick Miller, this afternoon and the Little Man went with me. Mommy's ankle is not healing very well so we decided to give her a break and the boys went out for a little tennis.
For most of the time, he stayed in the shade (it was 83 degrees today) and played with his trains. I could tell that he had never been around a tennis court before because all he kept saying as Rick and I were hitting was, "Wow!" Toward the end, Rick and I thought we would get him out on the court with us. Rick was kind enough to toss balls to Shen and, without any teaching, he made contact pretty well.
It has been a beautiful weekend here in Chicagoland but we all know it is short-lived. Even Shen realizes it (I think) because, when he reads at night with Mommy, one of his books is about an adventure with Winnie the Pooh. The book takes Pooh and Piglet through all the seasons, with Winter being at the end. On the Winter pages, Pooh is building a snowman and Shen will point to it, seeming to indicate that he is going to do that. Yes, you will Shen. Chicago weather in December, January and February is not like Southeast China, where it is summerlike all year long.
We pray that all of you are well.
Love,
Jack, Jodie, Connor and Shen

No comments: