Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Botanical Gardens






While "little man" takes a nap, I will send a quick post on what we have done today. After eating a great breakfast, we met all the other families in our group and went to the Botanical Gardens. I wasn't ready for what we saw. As you can see in the pictures, it was beautiful. Unfortunately, it was REALLY hot as well. Shen and I went around the gardens pretty quickly, then stopped for a cold orange juice and waited for the rest of the group. When we got on the bus, he spilled his orange juice on his seat and got his entire outfit wet. It's a good thing daddy had an extra outfit in his bag :)!
After the gardens, the entire group went to a Cantonese restaurant and the food was great. Shen loved the grilled pigeon!!
When we got back to the room, he was still full of energy, but I knew that he needed a nap. So, after a brief battle of wills, I won. He is now napping but, unfortunately, he won't be down for long. We are going to get his medical checkup this afternoon for the U.S. Consulate to begin its weeklong paperwork. But, before that, we are going to drop by LadyBug Cleaners to take our laundry. I have quickly found that I could need up to three outfits a day.
We are having a great time together! And, I will send another post tonight at bedtime.
Love,
Jack and Shen

No comments: