Saturday, September 6, 2008

I have arrived in Guanzhou!!



I made it! So, the traveling part of the journey is over after leaving our home in Algonquin about 30 hours ago.
I have just settled into my room at Midnight (11:00am in Chicago)and wanted to send a quick update on the trip. It was actually quite good; uneventful, as I like all my plane rides. I took a picture of the 747 I flew from LA to Tokyo, only because I wondered what would be going on in his little mind when he sees a plane that size on our way home. And, the fact that mommy (in all the travel she has done) has never flown on a 747. So, our son, Shen, will fly on a 747 before mommy does.
Then, I walk in the room tonight and first of all firsts!!! As all of you know I have stayed in PLENTY of hotel rooms all over the world. Well, I have never checked into a hotel room and had a baby crib waiting for me in the room. I can see some pretty good smiles on many of your faces right now. I have attached that picture as well. Now, I need to get some sleep. I will blog tomorrow night and let you know all the preparations I get through tomorrow.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

God Bless!! Our prayers and love are with you!

Ruthann said...

Yeah! I knew you would make it. You were right, I had to smile when I saw the picture of the crib. You must have had emotions that words could not express. Just know that we are here and all of you are in our prayers.
Blessings! Love you all, Sis

KB said...

Jack, Jodie and Connor ~ we are smiling also. God takes care of details we don't even really think of...
Ephesians 3: 20-21 "Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.
Love, Kathy and HB