Monday, September 8, 2008

The Harmonious Period



As I mentioned in the blog last night, the Chinese government call the last 24 hours a Harmonious Period where, if you think something is wrong with the adoption or, get this, if you think something is wrong beyond any information, you can actually say that you are unhappy. So, we went back to the Civil Affairs Office where I got Shen Yesterday. He didn't cry but he did get VERY sober, and I could tell he thought something bad was going to happen to him again. Can you imagine his little mind, going back to the place where there was so much emotional trauma yesterday and thinking, "OK, what are YOU going to do with me?" He ended up handling the moment well, considering. I was interviewed two different times and, at the end, the Chinese government looked at me and at Shen and said, "OK, he's yours!" I am attaching a picture from yesterday just to show what the Civil Affairs Office looks like.
I hope all of you are well. I will blog again tonight before we go to bed.
Love,
Jack and Shen

No comments: