Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Journey Begins!!

It is just a little past 9:00pm Central Time and we are winding down before the travel begins. I have finished packing and am posting this to the blog before shutting down my computer. There is a lot of introspection in our home tonight, for Jodie, for Connor and for me. We have prayed together, cried together, expressed our love for each other, discussed how we will miss each other, and yet feel so excited about what God has set us forth to do.
I have a car picking me up at 5:30am tomorrow, then flying from O'Hare to Los Angeles, connecting to a flight to Tokyo, and then on to Guangzhou. It will be a little over 25 hours of traveling time. I will blog again from China. But, until then, I will express to you my heartfelt slogan for the next two weeks: "There, but for the Grace of God, go I!"

No comments: