Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Swearing In Ceremony





The Swearing In Ceremony went by without a hitch! There were about 30 families who, after being verified with passports and face identification with the child, were given an oath to swear that all information given the U.S. Government about the children was correct.
I am really sorry that I don't have pictures because it was really a unique experience. One family, in fact, was adopting the ELEVENTH child from China!!!
Today has been a pretty busy day with the process of departure. I have Shen fairly well set up for the LONG trip home with toys, videos, games, etc.
I have to say to all of you that this has been the experience of a lifetime. But, I am ready to go home. I miss Jodie and Connor a lot and am REALLY looking forward to being back home.
I would ask for your prayers over the next 36 hours. We need to get some good rest tonight and have a 4:30 am wake-up call to go the airport. With God leading the way (AGAIN, AS ALWAYS), we will arrive to our awesome home late afternoon on Thursday.
I am attaching a couple of picutures for you to view. There are pictures of the ADOPTION Barbie Doll that the White Swan Hotel GAVE US (notice the blond hair to match Jodie and the dark hair on the child to match Shen - they got this from a picture that I showed them earlier this week), another picture of Shen in front of the White Swan Playroom, a picture of our final night with our great friends, the Beros, Shen and their daughter Anna, and a last evening picture of Shen and Daddy before they head home!!
HERE WE COME, MOMMY AND CONNOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Jack and Shen

No comments: